The Lighting Practice is a team-oriented work place.
We are seeking talented, motivated people who:
- Have at least three years’ experience in architectural lighting design
- Have strong communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Our design process is collaborative and interactive, our projects are diverse and challenging. We design lighting for exterior environments and façades, public spaces, retail, corporate, academic and healthcare facilities.
A Lighting Designer II will work on a variety of projects with a Project Manager or Principal and other Lighting Designers. Their responsibilities include:
- Coordinate & communicate with allied team members (architects, engineers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Develop & validate lighting design concepts against project goals & criteria
- Plan, produce, and oversee the documentation of the design
- Construction administration tasks
- May fill the role of Project Manager on smaller projects under the guidance of a Principal
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full-time positions include a complete company paid benefits package.
Click the Inquire Now button to complete our online form. Upload a PDF (max 10 MB) of your qualifications (cover letter, resume, references, and one to two samples of work).
If unable to access form please email requested information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or a related field (Theater Lighting, Interior Design, Architecture or Architectural Engineering)
- 3+ years of experience in the architectural lighting industry
- Experience managing client interaction and presentations
- Strong communication skills and a drive to learn
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Familiarity with lighting calculation programs (AGI32 or Elum Tools)
- Familiarity with BIM Software (Revit experience preferred)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Helpful, not required:
- Auto CAD
- Rhinoceros 3D (Rhino3D)