The Lighting Practice is a team-oriented workplace.
We are seeking talented, motivated people who:
- 5+ years’ experience in architectural lighting design and project management
- Have strong design & communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Our design process is collaborative and interactive, our projects are diverse and challenging. We design lighting for exterior environments and façades, public spaces, retail, corporate, academic and healthcare facilities.
A Senior Lighting Designer will work on a variety of projects and collaboratively with The Lighting Practice’s award-winning teams based in New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, and Dallas, TX. Their responsibilities include:
- Oversee, develop & validate lighting design concepts against project goals & criteria
- Coordinate & communicate with allied team members (architects, engineers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Plan and oversee the documentation of the design
- Create and uphold internal schedule for project milestones
- Construction administration
The Lighting Practice is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full-time positions include a complete company paid benefits package. TLP offers a competitive benefits package which currently includes a generous PTO policy and paid holiday schedule, 401(k) contributions, 95% paid medical, 100% paid dental, vision, life and disability. We maintain a hybrid work environment with flexible working hours.
Compensation range offered for this NY Job Posting: $84k – $105k annually.
Please send us your qualifications (cover letter, resume, references, and three to five samples of work) thru our website https://www.thelightingpractice.com/contact/
- Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or a related field (Theater Lighting, Interior Design, Architecture or Architectural Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in the architectural lighting industry
- Experience working on a project from SD through CA
- Experience managing client interaction and presentations
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and graphic presentations)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Lighting calculation programs (AGI32, Lightstanza)
- BIM Software (Revit experience preferred)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Helpful, not required:
- Rhinoceros 3D (Rhino3D)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)