Principal Jered Widmer, IALD, MIES, and Project Manager Lillian Knoerzer, Associate IALD, will virtually present “Technology & Design Trends in Lighting” to The Greater Philadelphia Chapter (6) of the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) on Thursday, February 25, 2021. The presentation will highlight emerging lighting technology and trends like Internet of Things (IoT), circadian lighting and its potential influence on human well-being, and how design standards like LEED and WELL impact lighting design and user expectations. Additionally, Jered and Lily will delve into the effectiveness and appropriate applications of ultraviolet light, specifically UV-C, a non-visible wavelength of light (radiant energy) effective in killing bacteria and viruses including coronavirus.
Technology & Design Trends in Lighting (1 AIA LU/HSW)
Thursday, February 25, 2021
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM EST
- Attendees will learn about emerging trends in lighting design as well as the technology’s current and future impacts on the built environment.
- Attendees will understand the different approaches to smart lighting technology and how it can be implemented to create a technology infrastructure supporting building systems and improving human experience.
- Attendees will understand how design standards like WELL, energy codes, and local laws can impact the lighting design and user expectations.
- Attendees will understand the impact of electric light on human well-being as well as different ways to implement a circadian lighting system.
- Attendees will understand the value and dangers of UV-C technology and how they can safely implement GUV products into their designs and buildings.
Learn more about The Greater Philadelphia Chapter (6) of the Association for Facilities Engineering
The Greater Philadelphia Chapter (6) believes in and supports the mission of the Global organization which is to provide resources, education, leadership and networking opportunities for our members. On the national level, AFE offers certifications, journals, webinars, Facilities America and other resources such as AFE Connections.