“A Legend is defined as an important person who is known for doing something extremely well.” – SMPS Philadelphia
Last evening, Wednesday, April 13, Helen K. Diemer was recognized for her leadership and support of The Lighting Practice’s marketing and business development efforts and SMPS Philadelphia. Helen was one of three nominees out of fifteen to be awarded the inaugural SMPS Philadelphia Honoring Legends Award.
The Honoring Legends Award recognizes an individual who has excelled in one or more of the 6 Domains of Practice for Professional Services Marketing: Marketing Research, Marketing Planning, Client and Business Development, Proposals, Promotional Activity, and Management.
The fifteen nominee submissions were anonymously judged by five SMPS Chapter Presidents from around the country. After reviewing Helen’s submission the judges felt she “clearly excels in the 6 Domains of Practice” and “appears to be the perfect example of an A/E/C Marketing & BD Legend”. They felt that Helen was “an example of true leadership.”
We are proud to have Helen as our President and to have the opportunity to work with and learn from her on a daily basis. By placing an emphasis on marketing Helen has created a culture within TLP that values marketing and business development. Helen’s leadership and ingenuity are major factors in how our firm has managed to not only remain profitable, but flourish. The Lighting Practice is now the largest Lighting Design Firm in the Tri-State area by number of staff and annual billings. Due to Helen’s leadership and guidance we continue to grow our market share and strengthen our relationships.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS & ALL OF THE NOMINEES!
We, at The Lighting Practice, are proud to have had the opportunity to know and collaborate with your firms on projects benefiting the Philadelphia area and beyond.
2016 SMPS Philadelphia Honoring Legends Award Winners
- Helen K. Diemer, FIALD, LEED AP – The Lighting Practice
- Nelson Shaffer – Pennoni
- Tony DiLeonardo, CxA, LEED AP – Wick Fisher White
2016 SMPS Philadelphia Honoring Legends Award Nominees
- David S. Lowdermilk, PE – WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Constantine (Dean) Doukakis, PE – Keast & Hood Co. Structural Engineers
- Eric Fray, PE – Michael Baker International
- Matthew C. Marquardt, PE – Urban Engineers
- Matthew Koenig – BartonPartners Architects Planners, Inc.
- Timothy H. Haahs, PE, AIA – Timothy Haahs & Associates, Inc.
- Emanuel Kelly, FAIA – Kelly/Maiello, Inc.
- Thomas W. Nason, II – Nason Construction, Inc.
- David Kirk Harman – The Harman Group
- Jan MacVaugh Kopple, CPSM – KOPPLE.aia
- Betty Helms – Helms Consulting, Inc.
- Bill Long – Canuso-Jordan