This Lighting Designer I position would service The Lighting Practice’s Dallas office. This position can be remote for a local Dallas candidate, or a candidate located elsewhere.
The Lighting Practice is a team-oriented work place.
We are seeking talented, motivated people who:
- Have at least one year of experience in architectural lighting design and a background in interior design
- Have strong communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Our design process is collaborative and interactive, our projects are diverse and challenging. We design lighting for exterior environments and façades, public spaces, retail, corporate, academic and healthcare facilities.
A Lighting Designer I will work on a variety of projects with a Project Manager and other Lighting Designers. Their responsibilities include:
- Coordinate & communicate with allied team members (architects, engineers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Documentation of the design
- Construction administration tasks
The Lighting Practice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome everyone to our team.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full-time positions include a complete company paid benefits package.
Click the Inquire Now button to complete our online form. Upload a PDF (max 10 MB) of your qualifications (cover letter, resume, references, and one to two samples of work).
If unable to access form please email requested information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or a related field (Theater Lighting, Interior Design, Architecture or Architectural Engineering)
- 1+ years of experience in the architectural lighting industry
- Strong communication skills and a drive to learn
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Familiarity with BIM Software (Revit experience preferred)
- Familiarity with lighting calculation software (AGi32 or Elum Tools)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Helpful, not required:
- Auto CAD
- Rhinoceros 3D (Rhino3D)