This Senior Lighting Designer position would service The Lighting Practice’s Dallas office. This position can be remote for a local Dallas candidate, or a candidate located elsewhere.
The Lighting Practice is a team-oriented work place.
We are seeking talented, motivated people who:
- Have at least three years experience in lighting design, and one year of experience in project management. A background in interior design is preferred, but not essential.
- Have strong communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Our design process is collaborative and interactive, our projects are diverse and challenging. We design lighting for exterior environments and façades, public spaces, retail, corporate, academic and healthcare facilities.
A Senior Lighting Designer will work on a variety of projects with a Principal and other Lighting Designers. Their responsibilities include:
- Coordinate & communicate with allied team members (architects, engineers, manufacturers, etc.)
- Oversee, develop & validate lighting design concepts against project goals & criteria
- Plan and oversee the documentation of the design
- Create and uphold internal schedule for project milestones
- Construction administration
The Lighting Practice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome everyone to our team.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full-time positions include a complete company paid benefits package.
Click the Inquire Now button to complete our online form. Upload a PDF (max 10 MB) of your qualifications (cover letter, resume, references, and one to two samples of work).
If unable to access form please email requested information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or a related field (Theater Lighting, Interior Design (preferred), Architecture or Architectural Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in the architectural lighting industry
- Experience working on a project from SD through CA
- Experience managing client interaction and presentations
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and graphic presentations)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Lighting calculation programs (AGI32)
- BIM Software (Revit experience preferred)
- MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Helpful, not required:
- Rhinoceros 3D (Rhino3D)
- Auto CAD
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus, but not required (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)