Sisters of Saint Joseph Chapel
The Sisters of Saint Joseph Chapel Renovation transformed the 1858 structure into a modern gathering space. The Sisters wished to create a more intimate worship space for their daily services and to support engagement between the priest and congregation during Sunday and Holiday services. This was achieved by bringing the altar forward and using dimmable, adjustable lighting to create the proper balance and accent for each use. The Lighting Practice illuminated the chapel’s architectural details, the altar, and created ambient lighting for the worship areas with the new custom Corona and concealed lighting sources. The stained glass windows that look into the attic space are newly backlighted. The circular design of the altar and Corona reinforce the communal aspects of the chapel.
Sisters of Saint Joseph